4C Code of Conduct and Certification System Training
Description of our 4C Trainings in 2018
The training goals are to provide an overview about the 4C Code of Conduct, to introduce the new audit report and new audit procedures.
Day 1: Understanding of 4C Code of Conduct, including all requirements related to Internal Management System (IMS), unacceptable practices (UAPs) and the principles within the Economic, Social and Environmental dimensions applicable to the different elements of the supply chain (coffee production, mills, warehousing and trading).
Day 2: Certification procedures, including the new version of the 4C Certification Regulations and the new audit report template. Also included, is the new procedure regarding evaluation of reports and 4C certificate recommendation and decision process. Another topic is the assessment of no go areas and land use change. This includes the presentation of a tool to facilitate risk analysis and land use assessment to support the audit plan.
Working group sessions round up all two days.
Benefits at a glance
- Find out how the 4C System can be a solution provider for sustainable coffee supply chains;
- Learn about the improvements implemented into the 4C System;
- Familiarize yourself with requirements and new audit procedures;
- Find out about the 4C logo use and claims.
Certification bodies, auditors, managing entities of 4C Units, company representatives, NGOs, research bodies and authorities
During these trainings, relevant improvements in the 4C Certification System will be presented. So, we highly recommend participation in a 4C Training to all auditors and other users of the 4C System to become familiar with the new approach. Your participation is very important to understand and implement the new procedures.
- Currently approved 4C auditors: At least one auditor must participate in a 4C Training by the 31 December 2018. All auditors must participate in a 4C Training by 31 December 2019 to maintain their status
- Candidates who you wish to become approved 4C auditors: By participating in this training, candidates can become 4C auditors, subject to 4C evaluation of further documentation
For certification bodies wishing to be approved: By participating in this training, candidates can become 4C auditors, subject to 4C evaluation of further documentation.
Fees for the 4C training
680 EUR (not included VAT)
VAT is applicable ONLY for invoices issued to companies located in Germany
Click here for payment and cancellation policy
Note: This fee includes coffee breaks, lunches, dinner on the first day and training materials.
Group discount scheme:
No. of participants: 1 -> no discount
No. of participants: 2 -> 20%
No. of participants: 3 or 4 -> 30%
No. of participants: 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 -> 40%
No. of participants: 10 or more -> 50%
Important: only applicable for more than one participant from the same company in the same training. For Certification Bodies, this applies to auditors under the same contract with 4C Services GmbH.
4C trainings are open for all interested parties
4C trainings are held in the following languages:
Vietnam: Vietnamese and English
Indonesia and Kenya: English
The training documents are provided to all participants at the beginning of the training in electronic form (USB-stick)
Participants should bring their laptops to the training.
Please note that an Attestation of Participation can only be issued for participants who attend the entire training to the end and also actively participate in the group work.
- 10 – 11 December 2018, Mexico City, Mexico – Training Agenda
- 27 – 28 September 2018, Nairobi, Kenya – Training Agenda
- 13 – 14 September 2018, Jakarte, Indonesia – Training Agenda
- 10 – 11 September 2018, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam – Training Agenda
- 9 – 10 August 2018, Varginha, Brasil – Training Agenda
- 2 – 3 August 2018, Bogotá, Colombia – Training Agenda